Make a Difference: Volunteer
Catholic Charities of West Tennessee relies on the generosity of volunteers to help fulfill our mission of helping those in need. Volunteers share their greatest gifts of time, talent and resources to help us meet critical human service needs in our diocese. With a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals, families, businesses and groups of all faiths and ages we are always expanding our volunteer base. We work with volunteers to find opportunities which match skills, talents and interests. Explore the various ways you can make a difference in someone’s life and perhaps even your own.
Benefits of Volunteering
Walk with the people who come to us at Catholic Charities of West Tennessee.
Make a difference in someone’s life.
Make new friends from other cultures.
Boost your self- confidence and life satisfaction
Learn valuable job skills
3 Ways to Make a Difference
1.Volunteer on a regular basis, occasionally, or one time only
Volunteer with clothes closet, food pantry, drivers, translators, Christmas outreach organizers, photographers, painters, etc.
We especially need volunteers for our Gifts for God’s Children program (making phone calls, recruiting sponsors, sorting gifts, etc.). Click here for more information about our Gifts for God’s Children program.
Ask us to design a role for you.
Click here for a list of our current volunteer needs
2. Participate in one of our quarterly Volunteer Saturdays
Four times each year a large group gathers on a Saturday morning from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. to complete a structured project.
Huge tasks typically are completed in the short three hours thanks to the large number of volunteers.
A perfect volunteer opportunity for families and large groups!
Can’t stay the whole time? No problem! Help as long as you can.
2015 dates are: April 25, July 18, September 19 and December 12.
- April 25: (1325 Jefferson)
- Adults/teens: Transition Clothes Closet from Fall/Winter Clothes to Spring/ Summer Clothes
- Adults/teens: Decorate vases for Bouquets of Hope
- Young children's project: Decorate toiletry sacks that will be distributed to our homeless and senior clients
- To sign up go to http://tinyurl.com/VolSat2015
- July 18th: To be announced
- September 19: (1325 Jefferson location)
- Adults/teens- transition Clothes Closet from Spring/Summer clothes to Fall/Winter clothes
- Young families' project- prepare a gift to give mothers at Christmas
December 12: Gifts for God's Children - Shopping Day
- We give you the child's wish list, you shop from the donations that have been sorted and organized in our gym (1325 Jefferson)
3. Gather your friends, co-workers, or fellow parishioners to support Catholic Charities of West Tennessee
Consider partnering with friends and family to sponsor a volunteer drive or project such as:
- A food drive for our food pantry - We particularly need nonperishables including peanut butter, ramen noodles, chicken noodle soup, canned pasta, and tuna
- A gift drive for Gifts for God’s children - click here for a complete list of gift needs
- A food drive for our homeless “walking bags” - We particularly need single serve items that require no refrigeration.
- Men’s clothing drive - We are continually in need of washable clothing items for men.
- Projects - We always have landscaping or cleaning projects.